Representative Payee Program
SafeHaven is an authorized representative payee program with the Social Security Administration.
Get help managing your Social Security Income (SSI/SSDI) and your bills if you're struggling with mental illness and/or addictions. Build stability, feel security, and work on recovery with SafeHaven as your payee. Once your application is completed and approved by the Social Security Administration:
1. Your SSI/SSDI comes to us and we arrange for your bills to come to us
2. We pay your housing, utilities, telephone, medical, and other bills with your funds
3. With a budget we set together with you, we give you weekly spending checks for food, home needs, etc.
4. We help you set goals, save, and manage your money
5. YOU focus on your recovery!
Call or stop in for more information.
See the Social Security Administration website for more: https://www.ssa.gov/payee/
Purpose of Payeeship
SafeHaven's payeeship/money management program helps protect mental health consumers from financial exploitation and abuse. It also prevents them from generating expenses associated with delinquent bills and duplication of services.